It was a highly emotional, yet highly fun weekend. Let’s look at some of the random things I thought about this past weekend, shall we?
1. My 3 YO now knows how to argue. And strangely, I fall into the ‘yes you will’ ‘no I won’t!’ ‘yes you will’ ‘no I wan’t’ battle every.single.time. ::headdesk::
2. I am so effing excited that he’s using the big potty to poop on though. Sooooo tired of cleaning out that stupid little one. And can I just say that for a 3 YO, his poop stink rivals that of his 30 YO father? Between the 3 men in my house, I should just go ahead and buy stock in Glade Air Fresheners.
3. The Froggy is so damn wiggly, that he literally tried to do a back flip off the changing table yesterday … and I was standing RIGHT THERE. I caught him, mid-air, by the leg (thank God) … from now on, changing will be happening on the floor.
4. Even if it is still making it into the 90s these days, the crisp autumn mornings are AWESOME. We took a walk down the block yesterday morning around 815 … Froggy in the Ergo, Mouse in PJs and flipflops, coffee in hand … it was great.
5. The Mouse watches entirely too much TV. We are working on correcting this. It isn’t going well.
6. It amazes me how a box of sand, a Tupperware bowl, and a cheap beach shovel will keep a kid occupied for an hour.
7. I’ve got so many exciting things happening (both IRL and here on the blog) in the next month that I’m totally giddy with excitement … it’s hard not to spam my blog posts/FB/Twitter with all the news. Attention whore, I am one.
8. Speaking of fun things coming up, it’s September, which means the STATE FAIR is coming up soon … SQUEEEEEEEEEE!
9. We were lucky enough to win tickets (AWESOME tickets) to a Rangers baseball game this past weekend … and I was reminded of how much I love this damn state. With all it’s flaws, with all of the things I disagree with (politically), this is an AWESOME place to live … and I love me some Cotton Eyed Joe and Bud Light draft while watching Josh smack one into the Home Run Porch.
10. IT’S MY BIRTHDAY! I am officially 30 years old … and totally excited about it. I don’t care if that makes me weird.