Approximately 12.1 million U.S. adults aged 65+
Following are steps independent seniors can take to ensure safe living.
1. Personal Emergency Response: Seniors who live independently need a way to call emergency services in the case of a fall or a medical issue. Consider a Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) to easily summon emergency services. These systems ensure they’re never alone when they need help.
2. Monitored Alarms: It’s easy to relax knowing that someone else is always looking out for your safety. Home security systems in Orlando with monitored alarm services offer the perfect solution for seniors who value their independence and security. When an alarm is triggered, a signal is sent to a monitoring center where operators will evaluate the emergency and dispatch the proper authorities.
3. Video Surveillance: Thieves and scammers target seniors with fake offers just to steal information and scope out the inside of a home. Doorbell cameras make it possible to see who is knocking at the door without having to open it. This is also beneficial for independent seniors who have to deal with limited mobility. Paired together with smart locks, doorbell cameras allow the user to see who is at the door and grant or deny access, without having to even walk to the door.
4. Mobile Solutions: Typically, we think seniors are less digitally connected than the rest of the population, but more seniors are connected than ever before. Over 40 percent of people aged 65 and up own a smartphone and that’s more than double what it was back in 2013.
Whether you are a tech-savvy senior or a family member looking out for an elder living alone, home security systems in Orlando offer power and convenience to manage your security from your smartphone or computer. They let you:
- Arm and disarm your security system from anywhere at any time;
- Create automatic arming schedules customized to fit your lifestyle;
- Inspect activity reports that inform you if your doors, windows, medicine cabinets or safes have been accessed;
- Watch live video recordings of your home, and receive live alerts when motion sensors are triggered.
5. Smart Home Technology: Smart home technology makes aging easier by making everyday tasks more convenient and providing opportunities to keep your independence. With smart lights, locks, and thermostats you can effortlessly manage all the responsibilities that come with living alone. By making basic household tasks easier – like automatically turning lights off or locking doors – family members and seniors will find comfort knowing household duties are completed.
Stay connected and ensure your independence or that of a loved one with smart home security systems in Orlando. Call us today to get started and we’ll make sure that you and your loved ones are living safely and comfortably.